HUGE 15% OFF SEPTEMBER SPECIALS SALE!
(Sale Ends Midnight 9/30/16 US Pacific Time!)
* The Western Tradition DVD Set All 52 Shows 13 Discs
Commemorating the September 1, 1715 death of "The Sun King" Louis XIV of France; September 2, 31 B.C. - Roman legions under Augustus Caesar defeated Mark Anthony's naval force at Actium; the September 4, 1609 discovery of the island of Manhattan by Henry Hudson, the September 14, 1812 invasion of Moscow by Napoleon and his troops, and the September 22, 1862 assumption of the office of premier of Prussia by Otto von Bismarck.
* Tailspin Behind The Korean Airliner Tragedy DVD KAL007 Shootdown
September 1, 1983 - Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was shot down by a Russian fighter jet while on route from New York to Seoul, killing all 269 persons on board. The Boeing 747 reportedly strayed 100 miles off course over secret Soviet Russian military installations on the Kamchatka Peninsula and Sakhalin Island. It crashed in the Sea of Japan.
* Leningrad: The Hero City DVD Cities At War WWII Russia
September 8, 1941 - The German Army began its blockade of Leningrad, lasting until January 1944, resulting in the deaths of almost one million Russian civilians; September 6, 1991 - Leningrad was renamed Saint Petersburg by Russian legislators following the collapse of the Soviet Union. Russia's second largest city had been known as Leningrad for 67 years in honor of Vladimir Lenin, founder of the Soviet Union.
* A Rustling Of Leaves: Inside The Philippine Revolution DVD
Septermber 11, 1917 - Birthday - Ferdinand Marcos (1917-1989) was born in Sarrat, Philippines. He ruled the Philippines from 1966, imposing an authoritarian regime until he was ousted in 1986.
* Eyes On The Prize II DVD Set 4 Discs Complete 2nd Series
September 13, 1971 - State police and National Guardsmen stormed Attica prison in New York State ending a five-day prisoners' revolt. Thirty one prisoners and 11 guards were killed.
* October: Ten Days That Shook The World 1928 DVD
September 25, 1906 - Birthday - Russian composer Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975) was born in St. Petersburg, Russia. He witnessed the Russian Revolution and went on to become one of the greatest Soviet composers.
* Apartheid Documentaries DVD Racial Segregation In South Africa
September 12, 1977 - Steve Biko, the South African black civil rights leader, died while he was in police detention; September 20, 1989 - F.W. De Klerk was sworn in as president of South Africa. He began an era of reform aimed at ending apartheid and was succeeded by Nelson Mandela.
* The American Adventure Series US 1st Century 4 DVDs
Commemorating the September 3, 1783 Treaty of Paris signed by John Adams, Ben Franklin and John Jay, formally ending the American Revolutionary War between Britain and the United States; the September 4, 1781 founding of Los Angeles; the September 5, 1774 assemblage of the First Continental Congress; the September 13, 1814 Battle of Fort Henry in Baltimore Harbor with inspired Francis Scott Key to write the U.S. National Anthem "The Star Spangled Banner"; the September 17, 1787 birthday of the U.S. Constitution; the September 29, 1789 birthday of the United States Army.September 16, 1620 - The Mayflower ship departed from England, bound for America with 102 passengers and a small crew. The ship weathered dangerous Atlantic storms and reached Provincetown, Massachusetts on November 21st. The Pilgrims disembarked at Plymouth on December 26th; September 26, 1774 - Birthday - American folk legend Johnny Appleseed (1774-1845) was born in Leominster, Massachusetts (as John Chapman). For 40 years, he traveled through Ohio, Indiana and into Illinois, planting orchards. He was a friend to wild animals and was regarded as a "great medicine man" by Native Americans.
* Munich: The Peace Of Paper DVD WWII Documentary
Commemorating the September 30, 1938 return of British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain to England declaring there would be "peace in our time" after signing the Munich Pact with Hitler.
* Hollywood DVD Set Complete 1980 TV Documentary Series 7 Discs
Commemorating the September 18, 1905 birthday of Greta Garbo.
* Korea: The Unknown War DVD Complete 6 Part TV Series 3 Discs
Commemorating the September 9, 1948 withdrawal of Soviet forces from North Korea and the proclamation of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
* T. S. Eliot DVD Biography Poetry Literature
Commemorating the September 26, 1988 birthday of the poet T.S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot.
* The Beginning or the End DVD 1947 Atomic Bomb Manhattan Project
Commemorating the September 19. 1901 birthday of nuclear physicist Enrico Fermi, who developed a method of causing nuclear fission, producing a chain reaction releasing explosive nuclear energy which led to the development of the Atomic bomb.
* World War I: The War Years DVD 4 Part French TV Series 2 Discs
Commemorating the September 15, 1916 first use of tanks in combat during the Battle of the Somme.
* At Home With That Other Family (The Khrushchevs) MP3 CD
Commemorating the September 12, 1953 election of Nikita Khrushchev as First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR.
* Montgomery DVD Field Marshal Bernard Law Dual Layer WWII
Commemorating the September 3, 1943 invasion of Italy by the British Eighth Army commanded by General Montgomery.
* Hollywood: The Fabulous Era DVD Talking Picture History
Commemorating the September 5, 1902 birthday of film producer of the first sound motion picture "The Jazz Singer", Darryl F. Zanuck.
* George Gershwin Remembered DVD 1987 TV Documentary
Commemorating George Gershwin's September 26, 1898 birthday.
* La Belle Epoque 1890-1914 Western High Society Culture DVD
Commemorating the September 10, 1898 assassination of Elizabeth, Empress of Austria-Hungary.
* The World: A Television History DVD Set All 26 Shows 7 Discs
Commemorating the September 2, 31 B.C. defeat by Roman legions under Augustus Caesar of Mark Anthony's naval force at Actium, the September 4, 1609 discovery of the island of Manhattan by Henry Hudson, the September 14, 1812 invasion of Moscow by Napoleon and his troops, and the September 22, 1862 assumption of the office of premier of Prussia by Otto von Bismarck.
* American Diary Complete US History TV Series 2 Dual Layer DVDs
Commemorating the September 15, 1857 birthday of American President William Howard Taft and the September 24, 1896 birthday of American writer F. Scott Fitzgerald.
* The Berlin Airlift 1948-1949 Blockade Of West Berlin DVD
Commemorating the September 30, 1949 conclusion of the Berlin Airlift.
* Holocaust DVD Concentration Camp Films Nuremberg Trials WWII
Commemorating the September 30, 1966 release of Nazi war criminals Albert Speer and Baldur von Schirach from Spandau prison.
* Goon Show MP3 DVD Radio Spike Milligan Peter Sellers Secombe
Commemorating two September 8th birthdays, one in 1921 of Harry Secombe and one in 1925 of Peter Sellers.
* Millhouse: A White Comedy DVD 1971 Richard Nixon Documentary
Commemorating the September 23, 1952 "Checkers Speech" and the September 8, 1974 pardon for all offenses committed while in President by Gerald Ford.
* Black Civil Rights Films DVD African-American History
Commemorating the September 2, 1963 obstruction by Alabama Governor George Wallace of public school integration by encircling Tuskegee High School with state troopers.
* Twentieth Century History DVD Set Complete TV Series 3 Discs
Commemorating the September 2, 1962 Soviet agreement to send arms to Cuba which lead to the October Missile Crisis.
* September 11th Attacks CD-Rom MP3s MPGs JPGs
Commemorating the September 11, 2001 attacks.
* Eisenhower DVD President General Dwight D.
Commemorating his September 24, 1957 ordering of the National Guard to enforce racial integration of schools in Little Rock, Arkansas.
* The Battle Of Stalingrad DVD WWII Documentaries
Commemorating the September 23 1890 birthday of Field Marshal Friedrich von Paulus who lead the German 6th Army in the Battle of Stalingrad.
* Benito Mussolini DVD WWII Documentaries
Commemorating the September 12, 1943 rescue of Italian Dictator Benito Mussolini by German paratroopers from an Italian mountain prison following the collapse of his Fascist regime.
* Newspaper Publishing History DVD
Commemorating the September 25, 1690 founding of the first American newspaper, "Publick Occurrences Both Foreign and Domestick" in Boston, Massachusetts, and the September 3, 1833 founding of the New York Sun, the first of the "penny press" newspapers.
* T.R.: The Life Of Theodore Roosevelt DVD 2 Disc Set
Commemorating the September 14, 1901 succession to the American presidency by Theodore Roosevelt.
* Monarchy In The UK British Royal Family History Films DVD
Commemorating the September 7, 1533 birthday of Queen Elizabeth I.
* The Old Time Radio Western MegaSet Dual Layer MP3 DVD
Commemorating the September 5, 1997 birthday of Jesse James.
* The Struggles For Poland DVD Set All 9 Shows 5 Discs
Commemorating the September 1, 1939 invasion of Poland by Germany and the September 17, 1939 invasion of Poland by the Soviet Union.
* Chuck McCann DVD Dual Layer TV Shows 1960s New York City Kids TV
Commemorating the September 2, 1934 birthday of Chuck McCann.
* WABC Musicradio Shows MP3 DVD 60s-80s AM 77 75 Hrs
Commemorating the September 7, 1934 birthday of Big Dan Ingram and the September 20, 1930 birthday of Harry Harrison.
* Subways, Trains & Railroads. Locomotive Films 2 Dual Layer DVDs
Commemorating the September 8, 1883 completion of the Northern Pacific Railroad across America.
* Mao Tse Tung DVD Portraits Of Power CBS Biography Documentaries
Commemorating the September 9, 1976 death of Chairman Mao.
* The Vietnam War With Walter Cronkite TV Series 3 DVD Set
Commemorating the September 2, 1945 proclamation by Ho Chi Minh of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
* The Battle Of Britain DVD WWII Documentaries
Commemorating the September 7, 1940 beginning of the German Luftwaffe's bombing campaign against London.
* Portraits Of The Presidency DVD US Presidential Documentaries
Commemorating the September 15, 1857 birthday of the 27th U.S. President and Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court William Howard Taft.
* General Douglas MacArthur DVD Korea WWII Documentaries
Commemorating the September 2, 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay which ended World War II.
* Abraham Lincoln DVD D. W. Griffith Walter Huston
Commemorating the September 22, 1862 issue by President Abraham Lincoln of the Emancipation Proclamation freeing the slaves in territories held by Confederates as of January 1, 1863.
* The Civil War A Video Image History Photo CD MPG Video CD-Rom
Commemorating the September 17, 1862 Battle of Antietam, the bloodiest day in U.S. military history, where General Robert E. Lee and the Confederate armies were stopped in Maryland by General George B. McClellan and numerically superior Union forces, resulting in 26,000 men dead, wounded, or missing.
* The Great American Road Automotive History Films 3 DVD Set
Commemorating the September 16, 1908 founding of General Motors entrepreneur William Crapo "Billy" Durant in Flint, Michigan.
* Natural Disasters DVD Earthquakes Floods Tornados Hurricanes
Commemorating the September 8, 1900 Hurricane that struck Galveston Texas, the worst natural disaster In U.S. History, killing over 8,000 people and destroying over 2.500 buildings.
* America Goes Over: The Yanks Are Coming. World War I Propaganda Films DVD
Commemorating the September 13, 1860 Birthday of General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, Commander of the American Expeditionary Force during World War I who lead the September 26th 1918 Battle of the Meuse-Argonne that helped bring about the Armistice.
* Four Days In November DVD JFK Assassination Feature Film
Commemorating the September 27, 1964 issue of the Warren Commission Report, which concluded that a lone gunman had been responsible for the assassination of JFK.
* The Great Kennedy-Nixon Debate DVD
Commemorating the September 26, 1960 first-ever televised presidential debate between presidential candidates John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon.
* Huey Long "The Kingfish" Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the September 8, 1935 assassination of Louisiana Senator Huey P. Long while attending a session of the Louisiana House of Representatives.
* Tarzan Old Time Radio Adventure Series MP3 DVD
Commemorating the September 1, 1875 Birthday of Tarzan of the Apes creator Edgar Rice Burroughs.
* American Revolutionary War Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the September 6, 1757 Birthday of the Marquis de Lafayette, who persuaded Louis XVI of France to assist the Americans in their Revolutionary War and helped force General Cornwallis to surrender at Yorktown.