BIG 15% OFF OCTOBER SALE!
(Sale Ends Midnight 10/31/15 US Pacific Time!)
* Ike: The War Years DVD Complete TV Miniseries 3 Discs
Commemorating the October 14, 1890 birthday of Supreme Commander of Allied Expeditionary forces, General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
* The Beginning or the End DVD 1947 Atomic Bomb Manhattan Project
Commemorating the October 11, 1939 warning by Albert Einstein to President Franklin D. Roosevelt that his theories could lead to Nazi Germany's development of an atomic bomb.
* Winston Churchill The Valiant Years DVD Set All 26 Shows 7 DVDs
Commemorating the October 26, 1951 win for the second time by Winston Churchill of the prime ministership of Great Britain.
* Nixon Watergate Tapes MP3 CD With PDF Transcripts
Commemorating the October 20, 1973 "Saturday Night Massacre" during the Watergate scandal as President Richard M. Nixon fired Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus and Attorney General Elliot Richardson resigned, erupting a firestorm of political protest erupted over the firings leading to widespread demands for Nixon's impeachment.
* Reaching For The Skies Entire Aviation History TV Series 6 DVDs
Commemorating the October 14, 1947 breaking of the sound barrier by U.S. Air Force Captain Chuck Yeager while flying the X-1 rocket plane.
* Vietnam: The 10,000 Day War DVD Set All 13 TV Shows 4 Discs
Commemorating the October 26, 1955 proclamation by Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam a republic and his declaration of himself president.
* War And Peace In The Nuclear Age DVD Set TV Series 7 Discs
Commemorating the first detonation of a thermonuclear device, otherwise known as a hydrogen bomb, achieved by the U. S on All Saints Day (Nov. 11) 1952; the October 19, 1960 U.S. embargo of Cuba began as the State Department prohibited shipment of all goods except medicine and food; the October 22, 1962 appearance on national television by President John F. Kennedy to inform Americans of the existence of Russian missiles in Cuba.
* The Struggles For Poland DVD Set All 9 Shows 5 Discs
Commemorating the October 16, 1978 election of Cardinal Karol Wojtyla of Poland as the first non-Italian Pope chosen in 456 years, taking the name John Paul II.
* The Romantic Spirit DVD Set Complete TV Series 5 Discs
Commemorating the October 22, 1811 birthday of Hungarian composer Franz Liszt (1811-1886) and the October 10, 1813 birthday of Italian opera composer Giuseppi Verdi (1813-1901).
* Czechoslovakia: The Long Wait For Spring DVD 1988 Cold War
October 5, 1936 - Birthday - Czech playwright and political leader Vaclav Havel was born in Prague, October 5, 1936. He spent over 5 years in prison for speaking out against government abuses. He went on to lead the peaceful "velvet revolution" which ended Soviet-style Communism in Czechoslovakia in 1989.
* Munich: The Peace Of Paper DVD WWII Documentary
Comemmorating the October 1, 1938 occupation of the Sudetenland portion of Czechoslovakia by the military forces of the Third Reich, and the October 5, 1938 resignation and flight abroad of Czech President Dr. Eduard Benes amid threats from German Chancellor Adolf Hitler.
* Black Civil Rights Films DVD African-American History
October 2, 1967 - Thurgood Marshall (1908-1993) was sworn in as the first African American associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. He served until 1991 and was known for opposing discrimination and the death penalty, and for championing free speech and civil liberties.
* Perspective On Greatness: Who Is Doctor Goddard? DVD
Commemorating the October 5, 1882 -birthday of "Father of the Space Age" Robert Goddard (1882-1945).
* Appointment With Destiny: Showdown At O.K. Corral DVD
Commemorating the October 26, 1881 shoot-out at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, Arizona between the feuding Clanton and Earp families.
* Communism With Tanks DVD Hungarian East Bloc Revolutions
Commemorating the October 23, 1956 Hungarian uprising against Communist rule began with students and workers demonstrating in Budapest.
* Nikita Khrushchev Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the October 12, 1960 shoe-banging episode of Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev at the United Nations and the October 15, 1964 replacement of Khrushchev as First Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party by Leonid Brezhnev.
* The American Adventure Series US 1st Century 4 DVDs
Commemorating the October 5, 1813 death of Shawnee Indian Chief Tecumseh as an acting British Brigidier General during the War of 1812, and the October 14, 1644 birthday of the founder of the state of Pennsylvania William Penn.
* Thomas A. Edison: The Wizard Of Menlo Park DVD
Commemorating the October 21, 1879 first successful test by Edison of an electric incandescent lamp with a carbonized filament at his laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey.
* Henry Ford: Tin Lizzie Tycoon DVD Documentary
Commemorating the October 1, 1908 first sale of Henry Ford's Model T, the "universal car" designed for the masses.
* Vietnam War MP3 MPG JPG CD
Commemorating the October 26, 1946 birthday of Pat Sajak.
* Abbott And Costello Radio MP3 DVD
Commemorating the October 2, 1895 birthday of Bud" Abbott.
* Groucho Marx And Marx Brothers MP3 DVD All Known Radio Shows
Commemorating the October 2, 1890 of Groucho Marx.
* WABC Musicradio MP3 DVD All Known Radio Shows 75 Hrs
Commemorating the October 13, 1935 birthday of "Cousin Brucie" Bruce Morrow.
* Junior G-Men DVD Dead End Kids Little Tough Guys 2 Disc Set
Commemorating the October 8, 1919 birthday of Gabriel Dell.
* Hollywood: The Fabulous Era DVD Talking Picture History
Commemorating the October 6, 1927 premiere of the first "talkie" motion picture, "The Jazz Singer" starring Al Jolson.
* Let It Be DVD The Beatles 1970
Commemorating the October 9, 1940 birthday of John Lennon.
* The Great Comedy Album Starring Spiro T. Agnew LP Album MP3 CD
Commemorating the October 10, 1973 resignation of Spiro T. Agnew from the office of Vice President of the United States.
* Story Of Civilization Will & Ariel Durant MP3 DVD 11 Audiobooks
Commemorating the October 4, 1181 birth of St. Francis of Assisi (1181-1226) in Assisi, Umbria, Italy (as Giovanni Francesco Bernardone), renouncing his family's wealth and founding the Friars Minor Franciscan Order, and the October 13, 54 A.D. death of Roman Emperor Claudius after eating mushrooms poisoned by his wife, the Empress Agrippina.
* France: Conquest To Liberation Occupied And Vichy WWII
Commemorating the October 15, 1945 execution of Pierre Laval, former premier of Vichy France, for collaborating with Nazi Germany during World War II.
* David Ben-Gurion Documentaries DVD Israeli History
Commemorating the October 16, 1886 birthday of Israel's "Father of the Nation" David Ben-Gurion.
* Black Dragons DVD Bela Lugosi WWII Propaganda Film
Commemorating the October 20, 1882 birthday of Bela Lugosi.
* Damn The Defiant DVD Alec Guinness Napoleonic British Naval
Commemorating the October 21, 1805 Battle of Trafalgar.
* The History Of Jazz By Billy Taylor Parts I & II DVD
Commemorating the October 21, 1917 birthday of the great Dizzy Gillespie.
* Manners And Etiquette Films 2 DVD Set
Commemorating the October 30, 1872 birthday of Emily Post.
* Battle Of Britain Documentaries Dual Layer DVD
Commemorating the October 31, 1940 end of The Battle of Britain.
* Presidential Campaign TV Ads 1952-1984 3 DVD Set
Commemorating the final full month of the campaign season.
* Mao Tse Tung DVD Portraits Of Power CBS Biography Documentaries
Commemorating the October 1, 1949 founding of The People's Republic of China by Chairman Mao.
* Outer Space Films 11 Space Race US vs USSR DVD
Commemorating the October 4, 1957 beginning of "The Space Age" when the Soviet Union launched Sputnik, the first man-made satellite into orbit.
* T.R.: The Life Of Theodore Roosevelt Dual Layer DVD
Commemorating the life of the man the "teddy bear" was named after: his October 27, 1858 birthday, the October 14, 1912 assassination attempt on his life and the October 1, 1979 return to the government of Panama the canal he did so much to create.
* Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the October 2, 1869 birthday of India's greatest political and spiritual leader.
* Henchmen Of The Third Reich Dual Layer DVD Goering Goebbels Hess
Commemorating the October 29, 1897 birthday of Nazi propaganda minister Paul Joseph Goebbels; October 18, 1945 commencement of the Nuremberg War Crimes Trial; the October 16, 1946 hangings of ten men convicted of war crimes during those trials and the suicide hours before his own hanging of Nazi leader Hermann Goering.
* Brother, Can You Spare A Dime 1975 Great Depression Films DVD
Commemorating the October 24, 1929 crash of the New York Stock Exchange that brought about the beginning of the great depression.
* Hirohito Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the October 2, 1975 first visit to the White House by Japanese Emperor Hirohito.
* Aviation History Films 2 Dual Layer DVD Set
Commemorating the October 8, 1890 birthday of American WWI fighter ace and Eastern Airlines Chairman & CEO Eddie Rickenbacker.
* America Goes Over - The Yanks Are Coming! WWI Propaganda DVD
Commemorating the October 8, 1918 single-handed destruction of a German machine gun nest & capture of 132 prisoners by U.S. Sergeant Alvin C. York, earning him the Medal of Honor and the French Croix de Guerre.
* King: A Filmed Record - Montgomery To Memphis DVD
Commemorating the October 14, 1964 award of the Nobel Peace Prize to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr..
* Subways, Trains & Railroads! Locomotive Films 2 Dual Layer DVDs
Commemorating the October 27, 1904 opening of the New York City subway, running from City Hall to West 145th Street, the first underground and underwater rail system in the world.
* Twentieth Century History DVD Set Complete TV Series 3 Discs
Commemorating the October 11, 1976 arrest of "The Gang of Four," including the widow of Mao Zedong, on charges of plotting a coup, for which they were subsequently tried, convicted and sentenced to death, sentences later commuted to life imprisonment.
* Benito Mussolini DVD WWII Documentaries
Commemorating the October 28, 1922 "March on Rome" by Fascist blackshirts which resulted in the Mussolini dictatorship.
* Victory At Sea 1954 DVD The Movie Rare WWII Film
Commemorating the October 17-25 1944 Battle of Leyte Gulf, the largest naval battle in history, which involved 216 U.S. warships and 64 Japanese ships and resulted in the destruction of the Japanese Navy, including the giant Japanese Battleship Musashi, and the October 30, 1882 birthday of Admiral William "Bull" Halsey who led the U.S. fleet to victory at the Battle of Leyte Gulf.
* Eleanor Roosevelt DVD Perspective On Greatness Biography
Commemorating the October 11, 1884 birthday of Eleanor Roosevelt.
* China: The Long March DVD Historic 1986 TV Expedition
Commemorating the October 20, 1935 end of Mao Zedong's 6,000 mile "Long March" when his Communist forces arrived at Yanan province in northwest China, almost a year after fleeing Chiang Kai-shek's Nationalist armies.
* Radio Broadcasting History Films 2 DVD Set
Commemorating the October 21, 1915 transmission of the first transatlantic radio voice message which was made by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company from Virginia USA to Paris France.
* The New Three Stooges Cartoons Show DVDs TV Series 2 Discs
Commemorating the October 22, 1903 birthday of Jerome Lester "Jerry" Horwitz, better known by his stage name Curly Howard.
* Anti-War Films Of The 1960s: Protest In America DVD
Commemorating the October 21, 1967 "March On The Pentagon" by thousands of anti-war protesters demonstrating against the Vietnam War.
* Joseph Stalin Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the October 31, 1961 removal of the body of Joseph Stalin from the mausoleum in Red Square and its reburying within the Kremlin walls.
* Montgomery DVD Field Marshal Bernard Law Dual Layer WWII
Commemorating the October 23, 1942 start of The Battle Of El Alamein by British forces lead by General Bernard Montgomery against German forces under the command of Field Marshal Erwin Rommel.
* General Douglas MacArthur Documentaries Dual Layer DVD
Commemorating the October 20, 1944 fulfillment of General Douglas MacArthur's promise of "I shall return" to the Philippines.
* Perspective On Greatness: Cops And Robbers DVD
Commemorating the October 28, 1919 beginning of Prohibition, the making illegal the sale of all drinks containing more than one half of one percent of alcohol, and the October 24, 1931 sentencing of Chicago gangster "Scarface" Al Capone to 11 years in jail for Federal income tax evasion.
* Statue of Liberty Films DVD
Commemorating the October 28, 1886 dedication of the Statue of Liberty on Bedloe's Island in New York Harbor.
* American Revolutionary War Documentaries DVD
Commemorating the October 19, 1781 American victory at The Battle Of Yorktown.